Thursday, March 1, 2007

Invisible Girl


She never wanted anyone to notice her, or to pick on her, or even praise her for that matter. There were so many times in school when she knew the answer to a question, but she never raised her hand. There was so many times when she let other people take credit for something she did. She can't even count the number of times when she skipped out on an award ceremony where she was supposed to be honored. Why?? She just didn't want to stand out in a crowd.

She wanted to be the invisible girl. She just wanted to disappear.

And so she did…

Her spirit died and it took all of her zest for life with it too… guess that's what abuse to a young girl can do.

It wasn't always that way she started out so outgoing and full of life. She wasn't afraid of anything and she had the confidence it took most girls a lifetime to achieve. She was a gorgeous child and talented too. She was in dance classes, gymnastics, and drama and did beauty pageants. Fearless just fearless she never backed down from anything.

She wanted to be a dancer. She wanted to be a star.

But she never got the chance to see it through… guess that's what abuse to a young girl can do.

She grew-up and just existed in the shell of a life she created. She just went through day by day always hiding her true self. Always afraid to let others into her world for fear they would see her pain and not understand. She acted as if she wanted to be left alone when the truth was she wanted to be included.

She really wanted friends. She just didn't know how to reah out for them.

For this she cried herself to sleep more than a time or two... guess that's what abuse to a young girl can do.

How sad I am for that little girl even to this day. I cry when I think of all of her potential draining away. It is not fair that someone can just come along and kill a spirit such as hers. No one can find that confident vibrant girl and bring her back to the life she was meant to have.

But I try...

Everyday I try and it gets a little easier…

A little easier to hear her easy laughter echoing from the shadows. A little easier to see a flicker of her beautiful smile. I can see that the invisible girl is blossoming into a very visible woman. Slowly she is evolving and becoming stronger with each new day. But the reality of it is she will never really know how sweet her life could have been.

The story is sad and for so many it's true.

This is what abuse to a young girl can do...

2 comments:

Keelah said...

OMG! I cried reading this..and I am at WORK! I am that little girl...well I'm a grown up version of that little girl...and she is weeping because someone recognizes her when I cant. Be blessed.

Tsiporah said...

Awww...I am glad that you found my little story. You too be blessed.