
As you know yesterday was not my best day. But after really examining the situation it really wasn't my worst day either. Just the worst day I have had in a few months and everything just hit me all at once. I decided that tonight I am only going to post about the good things that happened for me this week, because I have a tendency to just focus on the bad. I am seriously trying to break that habit.
Sunday: E and I were invited to CreoleinDC's house where we met the REDS. Dinner was absolutely delicious and the company was divinely fabulous!!! E and Mini-Red became instant friends and she even taught him a new dance and was caught on tape by the always ready with a camera Creole.
Monday: I found out my son was selected to be one of Montgomery County, Maryland's Students of Excellece. I am so very proud of him, because he has worked so hard to turn himself around. Last school year we had a lot of complications, but we have overcome them. YAY!!!!
Tuesday: Nothing really spectacular happened, but after work I went to the gym and ran 3 miles on the treadmill even though I REALLY did not feel like it. I was able to conquer mind over matter and I am very proud of that. Go Me!!!
Wednesday: My son and I woke up and we were both blessed with life that is a great accomplishment. A whole lot of people went to sleep on Tuesday night and did not have the chance to wake-up on Wednesday.
Thursday: I received my grade for my midterm in Political Science. It was not the A I was expecting and I kinda went off the deep end because I NEVER get lower than an A. I e-mailed my professor and argued that a couple of the questions she asked were very ambiguous. She is is taking my arguments into consideration, and hopefully she will see it my way.
Friday: Today was family night and E and I played bingo at his after school club. We had a great time even though we didn't win any of the 10 games we played. The club had Outback cater the event and we got our grub on. It was very nice and I sat with a group of ladies and their kids that were much fun to be around.
Despite my little set back this week I had a very nice time and have a lot to be grateful for. I know next week is going to be even better!!!
3 comments:
Your Wednesday offering reminded me of a morning when my daughter woke up in a bad mood and decided it would be a bad day. She was probably elementary-school aged. I told her to think of two positive things. After some thought, she said, "I woke up alive."
"OK, that's one," I said.
Further thought.
"I'm still a girl."
"There you go, then!" I said. We got a laugh out of that and she cheered up considerably. I definitely believe in running your thoughts in a chosen direction to affect your attitude, although sometimes (PMS, migraine) it's not possible.
Heeeeeeeey! The week started with Sunday and Sunday you guys had dinner with us! Remember E and Mini Red dancing? If THAT doesn't cheer you up...nothing will. LOL!
@Creole...grrrr I knew I was gonna forget something. I did have such a fabulous time on Sunday, but I guess it just felt so far in the past...LOL. You will have to forgive me I didn't mean to leave Sunday out.
Post a Comment