Saturday, March 3, 2007



I am preparing to run my first race in over...ummm...let's just say it's been a really long time. I decided in preparation for the big race, the Marine Corp Marathon, that I should try and do smaller events just to prep and try to get accustomed to running next to whole bunch of other sweaty people again....yuck.

Pike's Peek is being held in Rockville on April 29th starting at 8am. It is a 10K which is about 6 miles and I am so excited that I decided to take the plunge and do it. At this point in my current training the furthest I have run is 4 miles, but I am hoping by the end of April I am running about 7 miles for my long run. Wow...it is already March I better get moving then...

One of my co-worker's who is an avid runner will be running in the event too. In fact we are going running together this morning and hopefully this will be the beginning of a great running relationship since I absolutely hate running alone.

As I alluded to before this not my first time running or even training for an event with the exception with a few rogue years I have been running my whole life and I have thousands of miles under my belt. Even still I know I need a lot of help on prepping for my first marathon and I have tons of questions from what to wear to what to eat.

Well, anyway I will have to get into all of my questions later... I gotta run. Literally.

1 comment:

CreoleInDC said...

You can't go wrong with Under Armour. That's what I buy Robby.