
First let me preface this by saying I'm one of those really anal people that have to do certain things in a certain way or my whole day feels really messed up. I have my morning routine and I pretty much do the same thing every morning in the same way and at the same time. I know I'm odd, but it works for me and having a structured routine helps my ADHD kid stay structured and focused.
Today started out not so good, because I could not sleep to save my life last night. Then of course when my alarm went off I stayed in bed for a few extra minutes and THEN...I FELL ASLEEP!!!...Grrrrr. So when I finally opened my eyes I was 20 minutes late in my schedule, which meant I had to do everything out of order. But even with that little set back I still had my new mantra running through my mind "Today will be a good day, because I say it’s gonna be!!" I am so trying to give "The Secret" (Laws of Attraction) a try. Although I still have some issues with it that I will tell you about at a later date.
Anyway, because of my late awakening I did not get to eat my normal breakfast, because by the time I was ready to eat I didn't have much time, so me being me I ALWAYS have plan B. What can I say...I’m structured, but not totally inflexible...HA!!
Breakfast:
1cup of vanilla yogurt
w/fresh blueberries and a sprinkle of granola
Snack:
1/3 cup of dried fruit and nut mix
Tea
Lunch:
Garden salad
w/ light catalina dressing
Lots of water
Snack:
1/3 cup of dried cranberries
Dinner:
11/3cup Stir-Fry shrimp and veggies (Contessa brand...Thanks Lola Granola)
over 1cup of brown rice
YUMMY!!!
Snack:
Mango
I actually had about 40oz of water today, so I'm doing a whole lot better, but haven't reached my goal yet. Today was also a gym day and I ran a little over 3 miles and did about 200 crunches. I also did something I never do I got on the scale, because I have been noticing my clothes are a little looser...BIG MISTAKE. But I thought rationally about the number and realized that I'm retaining water so I am gonna weigh myself again next week for a more accurate reading.
Even though my day didn't start out ideal it has turned out pretty dang good. Maybe my mantra is working after all.
4 comments:
You ever watch "Monk"? (with Sharona of course) :-)
I'm just saying...
What you try'na say!?! :-) I know I have issues...LOL
I need my mornings to go a certain way, too.
So your hurried, plan B breakfast was yogurt with blueberries and granola. That sounds wonderful. I feel like a complete heathen. My favorite breakfast in the world is a no-sugar-added chocolate Instant Breakfast made with Rice Dream. It's about as quick to make and drink as it could be.
@Laura I am glad I am not the only one that has a certain routine.
Yes that is my Plan B breakfast and it is absolutely delicious. I use low-fat yogurt a handful of blueberries and a just enough granola to give it some texture. The whole meal is about 300 calories and fills me up until my mid-morning snack.
Post a Comment