
8 more classes to go not including the class I am about to finish up in a couple of weeks. I am going to take four classes this semester it sounds like a lot, but really two of those classes are only one credit weekend lectures I figure if I take three of those then I will have my last 3 credits for electives take care of without stressing myself out too much.
Every day I get more and more excited over getting my degree and wondering what doors it could open up for me career wise. Now I am not being too unrealistic I know that my undergrad degree is only going to take me so far, but I will be one step further then I am now. I have been working towards this degree for more years then I care to admit, but barring any catastrophes it will be in my hot little hand no later then May of 2009. YAY!!! What a sense of accomplishment I will feel I have been tossing around the idea of not going to the graduation ceremony, because I am not really into all that formality. I think I just might dawn my cap and gown and proceed across the stage anyway, if not for me, than for E. He needs to see what it is I have been busting my azz for all this time. He knows I am in school and what it means (more money), but he truly doesn't understand the impact.
I would love for E to go to college right after high school and get that whole college experience that I missed. I am sometimes totally envious of people who have those four years to reminisce about especially those who joined fraternities and sororities. I ALWAYS wanted to join a sorority when I was a kid because my older cousins joined and it seemed like so much fun. Oh well I may not have had the chance to be in a sorority, but I was in the biggest brotherhood there is the U.S Army and I would not change those experiences for the world. Talk about being hazed!!! gee...
Anyway, I am just rambling now. This next year is going to be extremely busy for me, but I am determined not to put any more pressure on myself then there already is. I am just such a perfectionist though so it comes second nature and the fact that I am just mere fractions of points away from graduating with honors. but if does not happen I will be alright. I think....LOL!!
4 comments:
Um...ma'am. You can still be in a sorority. There are grad chapters. Pick the sorority you want to join and contact a member. They'll give you all the info you need.
I know but it's not the same. I may still look into it.
I'm glad I had my four-year experience but it wasn't all wonderful all the time.
My daughter goes to the same school I went to. They still sing the class songs, which I still remember. The Senior song starts out "Hail Senior spirit, our class is highest. Four years we've been here, now we're the finest." and so forth. When we moved to Florida, I told her she could transfer to a school here to finish up if she wanted - she was betw. Sophomore and Junior years. She said no, she'd been hailing the Seniors for 2 soon to be 3 years and by golly she wanted to be hailed when it was her turn.
True on the sorority tip! Once you get that paper the world is yours. :-) So proud of you, Tsiporah! You are doing the dang thang! You better walk across that stage, too!
Post a Comment