I am a little late as always, but I wanted to thank Monnie, Gladys, Roycee, Onefromphilly, and Sissy for taking Hostess and I out for our birthday lunch on Saturday. We went to this great sushi restaurant called Meiwah and had good food and conversation as always.
I also would like to thank Monnie, Gladys and Sissy for putting up with my lack of fashion knowledge and helping me pick out a new winter coat. I really learned a lot shopping with you all,and hopefully you all will teach me some more great stuff as time goes on. As we were walking through the mall we came across these hideous creatures. Can you believe that they were $800 marked down from $1600!!!
While I was shopping I realized that I have put on quite a bit of weight over the last year or so and that is not cute at all. I have decided that I am going to start making recipes out my South Beach Diet cookbook, drink a lot more water and get some exercise in every day. With school and a kid it is just really hard to find time to really take care of myself, but this year I am going to really make the effort. Today I planned my menu for the week and made a couple of dishes. The pictures didn't come out that great, everything came out a little too bright.
I made Chicken Quesadillas with brown rice and a Cannellini Bean Salad. The Bean salad called for red bell peppers, but I used yellow, because the red peppers looked suspect at the store. I think next time I will use red because it makes for a better presentation. Both dishes were very good though and are good for you too.
After dinner E and I did our nightly exercise today we chose to spar a bit. Doesn't E looks mighty threatening all gloved up with his game face on ?
Well it is time for me to go to bed, so I can face the day with a bright and sunny disposition. Like Joel Osteen told me on Sunday I can not allow anyone to steal my joy. A good night sleep always helps to get me ready for the battle.
3 comments:
Happy Birthday again! :)
Sounds like you had a really great time with great friends at your birthday celebration lunch.
E looks very serious. I love the eyebrow! ;)
Have a great week and yes, yes, I LOVE Joel Osteen too! He's so positive :)
Tell E he is far too adorable to be threatening! I'm glad you had a good time, I did too. Why is it that you got a new coat, and the weather got crazy warm? LOL
I'm still frightened by those scary monkeys!
Lil' man is cute (what I can see of him LOL). Just wanted to drop by and say Hola! Glad I got the opportunity to partake in your birthday festivities...we always have such a good time.
Oh and I am with Sissy...a winter coat? For uhhhhh what? LOL!!
Post a Comment