
...You know what they say better late then never!!
Our November USD event has come and gone and even though there were a few glitches along the way. I believe a great time was had by all who attended with the exception of SIP, but I ain't paying him no neva mind. There were a couple of new Diva's and even a few young gents to join the group which was really cool because the more the merrier...and merry we were.
Now let's get on with a few details about my day well as usual I was really excited about Sunday, because being that I work full-time, have classes part-time and am a mother of a energetic little boy. I don't get much time to myself to go out and relax, so these little once a month get aways are a real treat.
Well about two weeks before the event I asked my younger sister K if she would be available to babysit for me. She said yes, but asked if I would remind her. Of course I would, because Lord knows I have known that child all of her life and the only reliable thing about her is that she is unreliable, but not in a malicious kind of way. She just be DTM(doing too much)*thanks Monnie* and forgets what she has committed herself to at times.
So a week goes by and I decide to give her a call to make sure that things were still on the up and up. She says everything is fine and the she had not forgotten. Great. The day before the event I called her again to give her a time (3pm) and to make sure everything was still a go. Again she said everything was fine and she would be at my place the following day. Cool.
Sunday morning I wake-up bright and early I got dressed, made breakfast and had E get himself ready. I decided to be on the safe side and call K one more time at noon just to make sure she was awake and ready to be on her way, because she lives an hour away. Conversation went something like this:
K: Hello
Me: Hey girlie!! how are you?
K: Fine
Me: Calling just make sure you are up and will be here by 3.
K: Yes, I am up and I will be there...
Me: Great (breathing a sigh of relief)
K:...but I am in Pennsylvania...
Me: ARRRRRRRRRRUUUUUUUU??????? What????
K: (giggling) I'm coming from Pennsylvania, but I timed it just right so I should get there by 3 or maybe 3:10
Me: Um....I'm not even going to ask.
K: (giggling)
Me: Alrighty then are you sure you can make it?
K: Yes, I'm sure.
Me: O.K call me if there is a problem.
K: O.K. bye
So I wasn't in panic mode, but I was trying to weigh my other options just in case she was late. Meanwhile Monnie calls and asks me to e-mail her directions to the rock climbing place. I did and she texted me back that she would swing by about 3:30 to pick me up. Great. Now K has a 30 minute window to get here and all should be right with the world.
To make a long story a bit shorter E and I ran a few errands, which included getting his hair cut. Unfortunately his regular barber was closed so I took him to another place (BIG MISTAKE NEVA AGAIN my poor baby)...anyway when we returned home I checked my e-mail and was alerted to the fact that the class was starting at 4 instead of 4:30...OH NO!!! I tried calling K but she didn't answer her phone...sigh. I put my groceries away and then decided to call her behind one mo 'gin. The good news is she answered the phone. The bad news is she was no where near getting to my place in the next 20 minutes. The surprising news she was thinking ahead and had a plan in place. She had called my other sister L and asked her if she could watch E until she got there.
Now the only thing I had to do was call Monnie to see if she knew of the time change, which she didn't and asked me to meet her at her house. Then drive like a mad woman to my sister's place and then to Monnie's, so that I wouldn't make us too late.
With all of that accomplished Monnie and I set out for our adventure and thanks to map.quest and the dang confusing as hell Virginia mixing bowl we ended up lost several times. En route I called the rock climbing place to ask for directions and they were NO HELP AT ALL. I finally asked them what exit they were off of, because clearly the directions were wrong (that's my story and I am sticking to it) and they didn't know. They kept telling me the name of the street we were looking for and I was thinking "That's what I'm tryna find, Motha Fucca!!! dang...
Monnie finally was able to get a hold of Sissy(HEY Seis!!!)and she was able to talk us down....erra I mean guide us in the right direction. She was even kind enough to pull-over and let us follow her the way in. We were about 45 minutes late to the class and the evil manager would not let us join in the fun. I was really ticked, but since I had great company talking with Sissy, Leslie, Monnie and "G" that I didn't mind too much.
I can't wait until our next adventure in January. I will be a all grown-up woman of 30 by then. OOOOOHHHHHH Scary!!!
SIGH....
O.K. so I just finished speaking with E about how he needed to get an "A" on his math test tomorrow since he wasn't studying like he should have been. He says he will probably get a "B" and asked me why I was so serious all the time and that I should lighten up. The nerve of that little guy...sigh.
One kid free to good home.
4 comments:
Send him to 13700. You know we are HUGE fans of E over here! That boy always cracks me up!
So...why ARE you so serious all the time? BWAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!
Looks like it was a fun time! As far as the babysitting situation goes, I always add an hour on to the time I really need someone to keep my son.
I hope this helps you for next time. I got nervous just reading about this, I thought you were going to miss it because of the babysitter not making it there on time!
Have fun next month and if the party starts at 3 tell your sister to get there at 12 and maybe she'll show up at 2? :)
Have a great week! :)
**waving** Hey girl! I hope you had a good turkey day - gobble gobble!
Seis
It sounds like you guys had a great time!! I wish I was able to get out with you on some of those exotic excursions.. hahaha
Keep us posted on all the fun..
Post a Comment