Sunday, April 20, 2008

Don't Be a Victim, But Be a Victor !

Every Sunday morning I am awakened by a little body crawling into my bed. I usually just pretend like I am still sleeping, but this morning when I rolled back over I looked at the clock and realized that Joel Osteen was on. I like to watch his show every Sunday morning his message is just so positive and I like to meditate about what he says throughout the week. Since I have incorporated this in my life my glass always seems half full rather than empty. Joel's message this morning was about not letting your past define you and how instead of being a victim you should be a victor. Anyway, after the program this morning the following conversation ensued:

Me: I received it. He was talking right to me this morning.

E:
No Mom, he was talking to me.

Me: Really? What did he say to you?

E: Don't be defeated when bad people come your way. It is not happening to me, but for me.

Me: So, that when things don't go your way you shouldn't feel sad and defeated, but take power over the negative feelings and stay positive.

E: Yes.

Me: Well, I am glad you were paying attention.

E: I always do. He was talkig to both of us. I am going to go watch cartoons now!!

6 comments:

Erica Bunker said...

How cute. I love profound children!

*Tanyetta* said...

He always drops the knowledge and then goes right onto watching cartoons! I love this kid. He is soooooooooo smart!

Anonymous said...

And a child shall lead them...

Anonymous said...

Bless his heart!

Queeny20 said...

Out of the mouths of babes... Go E!!! Q

Sissy said...

E is spectacular! I love smart kids!