Monday, December 17, 2007

Chinese Hay Stacks

I am honestly embarrassed to say how easy these cookies are to make. If you are NOT a baker or are short on time and want a quick tasty and different treat to bring to a party these are it. My grandmother has been making these for YEARS and they are my favorite cookies. I am not sure where she got the recipe from, but I can honestly say I have never seen them anywhere else.

Ingredients:
Butterscotch chips
Chow Mien (sp?) noodles
Peanuts (optional)
Wax paper or plastic wrap

Directions:
Cover a flat surface such as a table with the wax paper or plastic wrap Melt butterscotch chips in a pot or microwave in a bowl. If using a pot transfer butterscotch into a bowl and stir in the noodles and peanuts until the butterscotch is spread throughout. Take a tablespoon and scoop out a portion of the concoction in to little balls on too the wax paper or plastic wrap let sit for about an hour to dry.

***note: I used about 2 bags of butterscotch chips to about 1 and1/2 of noodles. That made approx. 4-5 dozen. Oh and you have to do it pretty fast because the butterscotch will start to harden.

8 comments:

Sissy said...

Stop! I can't believe something so good is that easy! They're so yummy I'll be making them when I go home for Christmas. Thanks for sharing!

Lisa Steptoe said...

Oh my God Girl. I was just sittin hear eating this things and can't get myself to stop. Good think I left with two boxes. YUMMY!

CreoleInDC said...

HEIFER! (Note I got proper on yo azz!)

Anonymous said...

Ban TravelSalesDiva.

Anna said...

I confess, I didnt touch them until now but these are DELICIOUS girl!! Yummy!!! I should have taken more boxes!

Butta said...

It was great meeting you yesterday and your Chinese hay stacks were the bomb. My best friend told me to make these but I balked at the suggestion. Little did I know they'd taste so fantastic. I'm mad I only took one box home! LOL

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Laura(southernxyl) said...

You can also mix the butterscotch chips 1:1 with semisweet chocolate chips.

: )