
...I stepped a bit out of my element and went out on a school night and I am completely wiped out. However, it was soooo worth it, because I met a lot of really awesome people.
It all started a couple of weeks ago when my girl Monnie told me that one of my most favorite blogger's Brutha Code was coming into town and she was trying to organize a dinner. I just could not resist the temption of meeting him. He is one of the most hi-freaking-larious bloggers I have ever read, very raw, but hilarious all the same. I just had to meet him and to see what the man behind the words was really like. Let me tell you I was not disappointed Brutha Code is a riot and kept us all in laughing all night.
I also got to meet some other blogger's Honest who is such a sweetie, Hostess who is way cool, Royce's daughter who is just super nice and onefromphilly who is not a blogger, but should be because I always enjoy her comments. Oh and there was also another blogger there who I wont mention by name, but who I can definitely say was a VERY intersting character (more on her in a minute).
Anywhoo, we all met up at this Ethiopian restaurant in D.C. I had never had Ethiopian food before and was not sure what to expect. I was totally down for the experience because I LOVE to try new things and experience other cultures. Since I know how indecisive I can be when it comes down to ordering food at new places I decided google the restaurant and found the menu. Needless, to say when I looked at all of the food choices I was utterly confused as to what I would actually like, but settled on a shrimp dish called Shrimp Alitcha it was described as shrimp sauteed in a mild flavorful onion and herb sauce. It sounded safe enough... It was actually good, but I just could not get down with the bread,which is what you use to eat with...lucky for me I had the foresight to ask for a fork. We also ordered this delightful honey wine, which is apparently a traditional Ethiopian wine. It was pretty good a little too much on the sweet side for me but still decent nonetheless.
I had such a nice time meeting everyone and laughed harder than I have in a long time. It is really hard for me to get out and mingle amongst other adults on a regular basis, so this was a very nice diversion to my otherwise nose to the grindstone existence.
The most entertaining part about our night out had to do with the VERY interesting character that I mentioned before. You see Monnie had posted an announcement on her blog about the get together with Brutha Code and this person accepted the invitation. I actually had found this persons blog a few weeks ago and I am quite a regular reader. I don't know why but I just find certain aspects of her lifestyle a bit fascinating. You know...nothing that I would actually do or let people know that I am aware of... kinda my little guilty pleasure...sorta thing. This blogger seemed nice enough at first, but then she started asking a bunch of unnecessary questions and annoying the natives and they were getting restless so the subject quickly turned to her. How did we know her? Where was she from? I was a bit surprised at the questions because I was sure that AT LEAST one other person besides me was a reader of her blog and knew her story. Well, my surprise turned into great amusement when she finally said who she was and people put two and two together and realized that she is a swinger and talks about it quite freely on her blog.
Oh man the looks on every one's faces were PRICELESS... and the night just went down hill for most pretty quickly especially when the check came and this chick quickly said she was not going to pay for us to drink and did not want to split the check evenly with us... WOW!!! just WOW. At this point I was getting seriously concerned for this girl's safety, because if looks could kill she would have been buried right along side the n-word. I mean I can understand if she didn't want to pay for the wine, but she should have requested a separate check from the get go....cuz splitting the check is just how we roll...sigh, but I digress.
Once dinner was paid for we all kind of started talking about going our separate ways and then this chick...get this...this chick had the audacity to single out Brutha Code while the rest of us are still standing there and ask him if he wanted to go to some other bar with her. I am like what are the rest of us chop freaking liver...man what balls!! At this point we all start to file our way out of the restaurant to say our good-byes and all but the one VERY interesting chick started to walk in the same direction towards the parking garage. Once she was safely out of sight we then decided to find another spot to hang and fellowship and had a fabulous time.
I just realized I definitely need to get out more...
4 comments:
Ya'll are cracking me Up, well if I and Mrs. Black Adam come to town, I will make sure we bring enough money to pick up the bill entirely!!
It was great meeting you too Chica!!! I had an awesome time despite the....uh...ummmm...uninvited guest LOL!! You guys were really cool and hopefully we'll all get together again soon; well minus....us....ummmm...the univited guest LOL!!
Have a good weekend chica...and of course I'll be back regularly now!
OK, how come no bloggers live in Arizona with me? I wanna have "blogger get-togethers" TOOOOOOO!!!
Wow, just WOW...LOL
See all the fun you been missing by not hanging out on weeknights?!!! Swingers just pop up out of the woodwork, hahahaha
Thursday night was a blast, in more ways than one! It was fun hangin out with you, we MUST do it again.
Post a Comment