I am so exhausted these last few days I have been ripping and running trying to get my life organized before the school year started. Well let's see what has been going in my little world...
I did all of E's school shopping and was able to get most of the school supplies on the list. Even though I was late getting started on shopping I still came out on top with some great deals. I walked out of Tar.get spending less than $20...I would have gone to W.al-mart, but...uh... that place is what I imagine hell to be like.
Saturday, in preparation for E's homecoming I went grocery shopping, put gas in my car and got an oil change.
Sunday, I had a long drive to New Jersey to get my boy from our pre-arranged meeting spot that is about halfway between our two states. I left my house at 7am and even made a couple of stops along the way and manage to get there by 10:30 am. Of course E's dad and step-mom were late getting there like always. I don't know why in the world I thought it would be any different that day…sigh. Since our meeting spot is located at a mall I took advantage of the time and got a much needed manicure.
Once they arrived we talked for a little while and put all of E's bags in my car and then his dad bought him a couple of books that he wanted. Then about 1pm and a quick stop for gas (BTW, can I tell you how much I love the policy in NJ about not being able to pump your own gas. We so need that here especially in the winter time.) we were on our way home. We stopped about an hour into the trip, so that E could have lunch, so that took up a half an hour. Then we hit a few rough patches, so the ride home was about an hour longer then the ride up...BOOO!!!
Once home I hit the ground running unloading the car and unpacking his bags. I put dinner in the oven (I at least had the foresight to prep my meals for the week on Saturday, so all I have to do is pop it in the oven or microwave them…Go me!!!) and get our clothes ironed, lunches made and book bag packed, because the following day was the first day of school!!
Monday, well what can I say we got through it....LOL. Actually E had a very good day and loves his brand new school. This school is the best elementary school I have ever seen it has state of the art everything. I feel so bad for the kids in D.C. who barely have air-conditioning and no school books that is a travesty!!
E’s teacher seems really great as well hopefully we’ll have a great working relationship this year.
Anywhoo...did I mention how tired I am, so I think I am going to cut this post short and get my azz in the bed.
Tuesday, August 28, 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
Child, I'm tired just reading about your schedule!
Post a Comment