
Well you probably noticed I haven't posted anything of great significance this month...sigh. One of the reasons for that is I have been extremely busy with my classes the last couple of weeks and pretty busy at work as well. The times I have blogged I've been pretty much using up borrowed time and my time card has expired. What can I say? I've done it again put way too many things on my plate. That is just my way I guess. I can not stand having even a minute of my time idle...not really sure why, but I have my suspicions.
I am in school trying to finish my Bachelor's degree something I have been technically working on, on and off for the last *cough 10 years cough*. Well I should clarify that I took 4 classes in 1997 and then life and work became complicated and I took a few years off. I have been actively taking classes with the exception of one year off since fall of 2001. The first year I went full-time and I almost died trying to keep up with my schedule. I was working 1 full-time job, 1 part-time job and taking care of my then 2 year old as well as taking a full course load. Looking back I have no idea how I did it and managed to keep a 4.0 GPA, but I do know that I couldn't keep up that pace forever. I was truly losing my mind. Since then I have been plugging away two classes a semester for what seems like forever!! Finally though...finally I can see the light at the end of the tunnel...Who-hoo!! And I am getting hella anxious, barring any emergencies or lack of funds I will be a college graduate in 2008!!! When that happens I will celebrate for approximately one weekend and then it will be off to grad school...or law school I haven't decided which one as of yet. Although, I know I need to get started with prepping for it very soon, but again I don't want to overwhelm myself too much.
It is so hard being a single parent and trying to finish your education. I am always torn between spending time with my son and doing my class work. I want to spend as much time with my kid as possible while he is still young, but on the flip side if I have a better education I can get a better job and our quality of life will greatly improve. I just always feel so guilty when he wants to play a game or go some where and I have to tell him no because I am in a time crunch for an assignment. It is truly a hard balancing act and then when you add in work and just every day household stuff things can get very frustrating. Oh and you can pretty much forget about having a real social life...but this year I am determined to steal a few days for my self here or there and I have succeeded so far.
The second reason I haven't been blogging lately is that I have been blog hopping and I have found some really talented writers out in the blogsphere. It has kind of made me a little intimidated. I mean with all these thousands of people blogging and making so much sense my little blog just seems so insignificant. Hell, I will let you in on a little secret...up until a year ago I had no idea what a blog was and now here I am trying to blog with the likes of CreoleinDC, Brutha Code and LifeofRed amongst others who I find simply fascinating. I mean I really don't have time to give my philosophical point of view of the current events of the world. By the time I can get the words straight to write about it, it is old news anyway. I guess I am still just trying to find my niche in the whole blogsphere. I really do have a lot to say, but I guess my fear is no one will really be interested in my mundane ramblings about my pretty simple boring life, but I am going to keep on blogging, because maybe...just maybe it will help me feel like I am contributing something to this world...no matter how insignificant.
12 comments:
Just keep writing what you feel and how you feel..BE YOURSELF! :-)
Keep writing, Tsiporah. You have something to offer and you never know who you may touch.
Wow! I'm flattered!
I love what you write and it shows what a good heart you have. I have related to so much you have said and that means so much cause it means I'm not the only crazy.
You know I have debated my own blog journey recently. I think it's a virus going around.
Don't stop being you and we love to hear all about you and the essence of you.
Mini Red says "Hey" to you and E.
Congrats on getting a degree. It took me 10 years and 4 months to get my degree. I had my daughter at the end of my sophomore year and was out for a year and a half. Then I wound up doing full time for a minute, then switched to part-time school and work.
Don't feel bad cause it past the "traditional" time it takes to get a degree. In the end, you have a degree regardless of time. What is important is you were determined and finished. I hear folks with a ton of excuses why they did not finish and they could have.
Girl...you are one busy woman! I got exhausted just listening to you...but it is inspiring to see your determination and focus. And by the way...I read your blog every day...and yes I was a bit salty to see that no doubt one at the top for the last YEAR! (wink!) But its okay I forgive you. Its amazing how the fascinating dont recognize it cuz its them...but of course you feel normal to yourself, I guess. Keep it up girl!
Hey, if I can blog, that proves anyone can!!! lol
Seriously, it is good you are taking care of yoru degree, alot of people never go back, I know you will do well.
Don't stop blogging! :) I feel the same way sometimes, but I realized that my voice is just as important. Blogging is like a release for me.
Girl, keep on pushing in reference to your degree. It's so close!!
I have to hand it to you with all that you are doing. I feel like I can barely juggle my time and I only have myself to take care of!
You already have a lot of readers, so you know that we DO want to hear what you have to say. Just keep being you, because nobody else can do it!
Just write what you want when you can...we'll be here Princess!
And don't ask me why I called you Princess. Humph! LOL!
it took me 12 years to finish my bachelor's degree! :) life happened along the way. i know how happy you will be when you are finished, i cried walking out of my very last final, tears of joy and relief. keep writing when you can, you know we're all out here appreciating you for who you are :)
I agree with Lola. I was crying when graduation was over and I looked for my daughter, mother and grandmother. I cried like a baby. The time spent will be a blur when you get to the end. It is Wonderful.
I just want to thank each and every one of you for your encouragement. I was never going to give up blogging but because of your support I feel more enthused than ever to keep writing and sharing who I am. I really have a lot of fun doing it and I find it very therapeutic as well. I just need you all to be patient with me the next few weeks while I am in the research paper writing mode for my classes. I like to encourage each of you to keep up with your blogs because I and many others really enjoy reading them.
@Tndhrt, I will be true to who I am when I am writing. Thanks.
@Laura, You are right I do have something to offer, and I never know who I may be able to inspire someday.
@Red, I am glad you can relate to my craziness…LOL. Please keep blogging I know you have more to offer.
@Shai, Thanks for your encouragement I know my degree is just around the corner.
@Keelah, Girl you always know just what to say to make me smile.
@DJ Black Adam, I don’t have super powers like you, Bruh…I mean heck you trying to take over countries and ish…LOL.
@TDJ, I hear ya on our voices being just as important as everyone elses. I just love your blog, so keep it up.
@Anali, Thanks that means a lot coming from you.
@Creole, you were my inspiration and so I just want to thank you for that. Oh and I already know why you call me Princess, because Princesses recognize Princess, Your Highness;-)
@Lola, Wow 12 years!!! And from what I hear from your SIL you are doing the dang thing. I don’t feel so bad anymore for the length of time it is taking me. It is not how long it takes, just as long as you finish. Thank you…
Post a Comment