Wednesday, August 20, 2008

Promises, Promises

First, I want to say thank you to everyone who commented and e-mailed me today regarding the post I wrote last night. Your kind words really made me feel pretty good. I was actually surprised when I turned on my computer this morning preparing to delete the post and had comments. I really didn't think anyone would read it let alone understand, but I guess I was wrong.

Today has been a long day and since I am not trying to lay another heavy post on anyone tonight I will try to be brief and upbeat.

I started my day waking up before the sun in order to keep a promise to E. You see he has been bugging me for a while to get him into swimming lessons. My County has it set up, so you can register for the county recreation classes online and I didn't register to get my password in time. I had to do it the old fashion way. I thought it would be no big deal, because I figured most people would register their kids online. I said to myself "self as long as I go to the Indoor Swim Center by 6:3o am I will be able to register and then go back home and get ready for work". Boy was I wrong.

I arrived at the Swim Center about 6:15 and there was already a long azz line. I couldn't believe it. These suburbia folks are serious about getting their kids into swimming. I took my place at the end of the line and about 1 hour and 45 minutes later was able to sign E up for his lessons. I was getting really worried because slots were filling up fast. I think I may have gotten the last slot of the class I wanted.

Now E is officially signed up for his lessons. He is going to be soooo happy. I can't wait to see the smile on his face when I tell him. He LOVES to swim. Don't be surprised if you see this future businessman, astronaut, President of the United States in the Olympics in about 10 years. I am going to make sure he goes for 9 gold medals. Watch out Michael Phelps!!

It makes me smile when I can keep my promise to my little boy.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Funny! We just signed our boy up for swimming lessons too! He's been up our a$$es about it all summer too!

Glad you're feeling better :)